Co-ordinating the next release

Developer
Mar 28, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Hello

It's probably worth co-ordinating the next release and building up a small feature set of what needs to be done, maybe also worth releasing a quick 0.2 release that roll's up all the bug fixes as the current one on the website needs is a bit bust.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Andy
Developer
Mar 28, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Definitely, Lets do a .2 and get those bug fixes out.
Developer
Mar 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM
I've created two issues to do with error handling, how about we fix those and get the nant task in and push it out the door.

Hows that sound?
Developer
Mar 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM
+1 for .2 release
Developer
Mar 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM
I think we're there, should we wait for an nant task to appear or is it going to be a while in which case lets push a release out asap.

Andy
Developer
Mar 29, 2008 at 4:56 PM
Let's wait for nant task, then we push out the .2 release.

I think we should start to organize better our effort, with better work with work items and activity assigments in order to make it clear who's working on what and trying to parallelize as best as possible our improvements.

I'm going to push my ideas as work item, then we could discuss them if necessary.

cheers.
Developer
Mar 29, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Sounds like a plan to me, as we're all kinda going off and doing our own things at the moment.

I'll add a few things that I'd like the look of doing as well, I dont know whether it's worth making a 0.3 branch and putting all new stuff in there.

Andy
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2008 at 2:38 AM
I think we should attempt .2 ASAP so there's a working release available. I don't think nant is necessary, but considering the speed you're adding things it'll be ready in a day or two anyway :)
Developer
Mar 30, 2008 at 7:08 AM
How about we set a date to release the code of mid week say wed, if there is no nant task by then we push it out. In the mean time anyone who wants a working version can download a specified changeset and build there own.

Andy
May 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM
Hey guys,

Any ETA on a new release? I've noticed that you've slid quite a few enhancements in over the past couple months and the current release is rather old and buggy at this point. Maybe you could wrap a few things up and package a release?

Just a suggestion. =)
Developer
May 4, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Hi Troy

To quote rik from a recent email conversation:

"I'll leave this for a few days and if nobody objects we'll go ahead and do it. I suggest we lock this in on next Monday (May 5, GMT)."

Once that's out and we all can free up some more time, I'm sure you'll see the library improve in leaps and bounds.

Andy
May 7, 2008 at 7:31 PM
Thanks Andy,

I'm looking forward to seeing the release when you all get around to it.

Troy
Developer
May 7, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Well appears that deadline has passed, as soon as I get time I'll attempt to put a build online.

Andy
Developer
May 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Hi Troy

There is now a new 0.2 release online.

Enjoy.

ANdy